10.23.2007

Can't fool me


I long for a day that I can turn on the radio and not flash back to 1994, when I was walking down the street at Miami University, hoping to see anyone who wasn't wearing a plaid shirt with khaki shorts and not showing up to a party playing Jamiroquai.

Jamiroquai is not officially back, but he is either being channeled by Adam Levine of Maroon 5 or this is the lip synching scandal of the new millennium. I'm waiting for the secret to be slowly reveled, as Adam starts wearing those big floppy hats and using moving floors in his videos.

1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

Ha! I agree they both channel Stevie Wonder at times but Jamiroquai is so disco oriented and I see Maroon 5 as being so white (well I guess you can factor in the Kanye West and Alicia Keys collaborations but still...). For some reason Maroon 5 always reminds me of the Knack (they of My Sharona fame) because they have that late 70s/early 80s new wave vibe.