2.12.2008

Open Note to Cube Dwellers

I’m disturbed by co-workers that have framed Star Wars & Star Trek posters in their cubes. In my mind, framed posters translate to rooms at home dedicated to action figures, most likely arranged to recreate a scene from the movie, which leads to full size costumes in the closet and role play games with their significant other (assuming they’ve convenience someone else to get naked with them).


I get the appeal. I’ve seen the movies, I enjoyed them……….when I was 12. Princess Leah was hot and who doesn’t want to manipulate others with their mind. But growing up means putting aside childhood delusions: The Force, The Easter Bunny, Social Security.


Attention Cube Dwellers “Keep your freaky fetishes at home. It’s impossible to take anything you are saying seriously when I have to stare at Luke Skywalker talking to a 900 year old green dwarf or read a list of the Top 10 Things You Learned Watching Star Trek”. As a general rule of thumb, if you are in the process of making a living, keep your freak flag at half mast. Attend conventions during your vacations, name your kids Aniken or Kirk, just please, keep this crap out of the office so I can go about my boring ass day without the confirmation that I’m working with adult sized bed-wetters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am taking my posters down now...

Gus said...

Thanks, I thought a subtle approach was best.

Eimer Debris said...

Sweet post!!

I agree with it so much, I'm going to print it out, put it in a frame and hang it in my cubicle.

Er..on second thought, maybe I won't.